Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 8

M1: egg omelette with sauteed greens, pulled pork and roasted vegetables
M2: sauteed greens, roasted vegetables with almond butter, sliced almonds, and sweet potato
M2.5: watermelon
M3: salad with avocado, shredded carrots, sunflower seeds, cilantro dressing, watermelon
Workout: bike, then pull-ups at a park, bike back home

After dinner today, I felt sick of meat. I was trying to cook the lamb that I bought Saturday and it just smelled horrific. Then I was just really full from breakfast. And I thought about the texture of meat and just couldn't eat it for lunch. So I just slathered a huge amount of almond butter on my vegetables and it was actually really good.

Then later, I read up on vegetarian and vegan diets for powerlifters. Not that I'm a powerlifter but I would like to get stronger. And not that I'd be a vegan or vegetarian, I do like meat, but I also enjoy legumes/beans/soy. I do like gluten free grains and occasionally sheep/goat dairy. I'll have to see after this whole30.

Sleep was horrible last night. I got up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I thought about working. But I thought, that would just wake me up more. And it's kind of a waste of time, laying there, not sleeping right? Well, I know my body needs to rest. So I just laid there, trying not to think about anything that would get my mind going. I fell asleep eventually, but I was a little tired today. I finally got my first good nap in since w30 started! Drool on the pillow! That's when you know you got some quality z's. And in only 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment