Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 3

Breakfast: egg omelette with roast chicken and vegetables, sauteed greens, and half a banana
Lunch: tuna salad, red bell peppers, lettuce, and strawberries
Afternoon Snack: chia seeds with cashew milk, strawberries, cinnamon, sliced almonds
Dinner: salad with avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, sweet potato, pumpkin seeds, and whole30 compliant "ranch" dressing (from the whole30 book), strawberries, almonds

I realized after I ate my afternoon snack (sometimes referred to as chia seed pudding), that it could possibly be non-complaint. OMG. So I googled it. And read about what others had to say.

And here's what I think:
My version is whole30 compliant. "Pudding" to me is super smooth and has chocolate in it. And is super rich and decadent. I almost put almond butter. ALMOST. But I didn't. So I don't feel bad about having that. It had protein in it, and a small amount of fat. As I was making it, I asked myself if I would eat grilled fish and vegetables right now? Yes, I was that hungry.

And yes I ate a lot of strawberries today. We bought a lot yesterday and they are so good!

This week has been yuck, which could be affecting my sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night and it takes me forever to fall asleep. Hoping tonight will be better. Although I haven't napped at all this week, which is highly unusual for me.

Off to my workout... got caught up doing food prep so it's another quick bike ride outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment