Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 2

Today's food intake:
Breakfast: egg omelette, with sauteed greens, roast chicken and vegetables, and two small plums
Lunch: tuna salad on red bell pepper slices and grapes
Afternoon snack: almond butter with almond slices and cinnamon
Dinner: salad with grape tomatoes, sweet potato, and olive oil/umeboshi plum vinegar, and oranges
Post Workout: strawberries (really this was just a taste because we had just bought them from the farmer's market and they looked too delicious to pass up!)

Workout (after dinner): an hourish bike ride outdoors, more intense than yesterday

So I realize that I ate a lot of fruit today. I don't normally eat fruit at every meal. And I have to admit that the "snack" I had this afternoon may have been somewhat stress related. But I did limit myself to a small serving. In the past, I have been able to eat almost half a jar of almond butter in one sitting. It's just so good!

That afternoon snack is too hard to give up. However on the whole30, pre/post workout food is allowed so I guess I can think of my snacks as that. 

I am still really sore from a hard weighlifting session at the gym almost a week ago. Lesson learned: don't ever try to PR before a race. That was just stupid. But I do miss weights though. I've done cardio for the past 3 days and I'm getting a little bored. Maybe I'll try weights tomorrow.

Oh, one strength goal I am going to work on during my whole30 is pull-ups. Or chin-ups for girls. This morning I did 8, with really good form. It would be awesome if I could do 12 at the end of month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment