Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 1... survived!

Actually today wasn't as bad as I thought. What made it easier was that I had planned all my meals yesterday.
Breakfast: grapefruit, egg scramble with sauteed greens and pulled pork
Lunch: chicken, zuchini "noodles", and chicken broth with garlic and coconut aminos (like soy sauce, but whole30 compliant!)
Afternoon snack: peach
Dinner: salad with tomatoes, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, steamed sweet potato, pumpkins seeds, olive oil/lemon dressing

Workout (after dinner): biked 45 minutes outdoors

Life has been a bit hectic and there have been too many times recently where I just felt so overwhelmed, that I wanted to just lay down and take a nap. I felt that only a few times today. Surprisingly I made it through today without a nap. Tomorrow though may be a different story.

I was really excited about my zucchini noodles. I used the veggeti, which I got from one of my mama swap co-ops. A couple of years ago, I got sick of zucchini because we just got too much in our CSA box. I tried to eat them raw, I tried to shred them for spaghetti sauce. So I learned I don't like raw zucchini. But cooked in a vegetable fritter with egg, or in a muffin, as long as the taste isn't overpowering. So I was surprised that I enjoyed the zucchini noodles. I think the broth was strong enough to mask the taste and I almost thought I was eating real noodles!

I hope to keep up the excitement of the whole30 by trying new recipes or ones I haven't had in awhile. Tomorrow, it's tuna salad for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment