Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day 28 Potluck!

M1: egg, sauteed greens, pork sausage patty, blueberries
M2: kale salad with creamy cashew dressing, apple, pineapple, carrots, cucumber, plantains, chicken, pistachios
M2.5: almond butter, pecans, cashews, almonds
M3: beef stew, sauteed chard

This morning was already hot and I wanted to get an early work out in before this potluck we were going to for lunch. I was all hyped about biking to the gym and swimming. On my way there, I thought, I think I forgot something. Sure enough, I get to the gym and can't find my bathing suit. So I just lifted weights instead. So it wasn't a total loss. I think tomorrow I will try step class for my cardio.

As you can see, I ate a lot of different things for M2 since we were at the potluck. It was a generally healthy potluck, which I was super thankful for. But I did bring kale salad and plantains to share. And my own stash of chicken, haha. I knew I'd need the protein. But it felt good to eat well with others.

I did a lot of cooking and baking today for my daughter's upcoming birthday party. It felt good to cook in my kitchen and my daughter also helped too. We made a rainbow bundt cake and I am excited to see how the colors turn out. We used natural dye by Color Garden, and while they weren't as vibrant as the real stuff, we still had fun mixing the colors and the batter.

Yesterday I took Natural Calm a few hours before sleeping. And I finally slept SO GOOD. I just took it again tonight so I'm hoping for repeat stellar sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment