Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day 6

M1: egg omelette with sauteed greens, roast turkey and vegetables, and an apple slice
M2: cauli/broc mash with sauteed greens, salmon cake
M2.5 grapefuit and nut mix (almonds, pecans, cashews)
M3: salad with cucumber, avocado, shredded carrots, pumpkin seeds, cilantro dressing, strawberries
M3.5: grapes, pineapple, blueberries, broccoli, sugar snap peas

Workout: I didn't have that much time to work out today so I just ran a mile, then did squats, then stretched A LOT. I'm still sore from last week, and it hurt so much to run, but then when I started running faster, I couldn't feel the pain as much. I thought that was weird.

Today was my first social event while on the whole30. It was a going away party for a friend and I ate my salad before the party, then had raw veggies/fruit at the party. I was really hoping for some protein, but there wasn't any whole30 compliant. What I did end up trying though was this carbonated water, and SO said "There's no sugar!" So I read the ingredients and sure enough it was just carbonated water and natural flavoring. I didn't even know though for sure if natural flavoring was allowed so I googled it real quick and sure enough, compliant! I then felt like it was SWYPO , because I felt like I was drinking a mocktail. And according to whole30, a mocktail isn't SWYPO, but to me, it totally is! How come they are ok with mocktails but not smoothies? I know smoothies aren't totally against the rules, but they do discourage it. And why is it ok to have a mocktail, but I can't smash together almond butter with dates and cocoa powder? I just thought that was interesting. And something that I will think about more. But no, I will not eat what I just described, even though I am so very tempted.

I was momentarily sad at the party about missing out on pizza and cake pops. Other than that, there wasn't anything else I was bummed about. I felt hungry when we left. We were headed to Trader Joe's and I thought about buying meat to eat, but then when we got to the store, I was so excited about buying vegetables, that the hunger went away.

Actually what I have been missing lately is beans and lentils. I think I am almost getting tired of eating meat and just how expensive it is to buy the good stuff. I did a lot of research this weekend on meat CSA's and the cheapest I found came out to $9 a lb for a mix of fowl/beef/pork/lamb. Which isn't too bad, but I went to Whole Foods today and was able to find even better prices on pastured, organic meat. I was super excited about that find today. I love food finds. Oh and another food find! Frozen brussel sprouts at Trader Joe's for $1.19 a lb. What, WHAT! It's not organic, but hey, I'll take it!

So back to missing beans and lentils. After my whole30 I am looking forward to incorporating these back into my diet, because I am fairly certain I don't have issues with it. I miss chana dahl and I miss beans in my salad.

Sleep: I slept a little better last night. I did take a small nap today.

This week I am looking forward to making zuchinni noodles again, but this time with meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Oh and today, my sister and I tried making Nom Nom Paleo's Magic Mushroom Powder ... expensive! An ounce of organic porcini mushrooms at Whole Foods was $8! So we only made a fourth of the recipe. I sprinkled it on my cauli/broc mash. It was ok, but not as good as it sounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment