Sunday, August 16, 2015

Day 14

M1: egg, sauteed greens, steamed potato, watermelon
M2: sauteed chard, pan fried salmon, spaghetti squash, macadamia nuts

M2.5: almond butter, macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews
M3: salad with cilantro dressing, cucumber, tomato, sunflower seeds, watermelon

M3.5: pecans, olives

Today was another hot day and I didn't work out, save for splashing around in a pool. I did a whole lot of nothing really today except for relaxing and reading articles about health and the whole30. It felt great. Something that I read today (but now can't find the article) was about the importance of nutrition, sleep, and activity, in that order. I believe it was by Dallas Hartwig... in any case, the author wrote about feeding your body first and foremost foods for optimum health. Then you should strive for quality sleep every night. Then physical activity and recovery. I loved reading that. Because I feel like my priorities have been activity, nutrition, then sleep prior to the whole30. But now, it's nutrition, activity, then sleep. I know I need to recover more. And sleep more! I'm a little disappointed that I'm almost halfway in and can only count on one hand how many really awesome nights of sleep I've had since I started whole30. 

Ok so tonight... really going to try and sleep before 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment