Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 16

M1: egg, sauteed greens, steamed potato, pork sausage patty
M2: 
turkey meatballs and spaghetti sauce, zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, almond butter, almond butter slices, deviled egg
M3: 
salad with cilantro dressing, cucumber, tomato, apple, pecans
M3.5: potato salad

I went to OrangeTheory today and it was HOT. I mean seriously, I went to OTF because I thought it would be a nice escape from the summer heat, but no, just as hot. I am not a fan of hot workouts. But I powered through and at one point wanted to throw up because I was pushing myself way too hard. I burned more than 600 calories, and came out of there, stupid, confused, and starving. I'm so glad I had potato salad ready.

Oh so the potato salad was made as a result of the deviled eggs. I made the eggs yesterday and was excited to try them today because I've always loved deviled eggs. I took a few bites during lunch and was grossed out. It was a sad moment. I'm glad I thought of using them to make potato salad. Because that salad gave me clarity after that crazy hard workout.  So now I have potato salad for the next few days! 

I also bought a plantain today. First time I've bought one and I am looking forward to frying it up in coconut oil or ghee. Must. find. recipe.

On a different note, life was stressful today and I found myself thinking about what I would've done had I not been on whole30. I would've probably eaten way too much almond butter and chocolate. Or waited for child-free time and drank some wine. In either case, I thought about, how in the past, I thought that eating or drinking would make me feel better, but only very temporary. And then I would feel a little guilty about overconsumption. So I am really thankful for the whole30 right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment