Friday, August 7, 2015

Day 5

M1: egg omelette with sauteed greens, roasted vegetables and chicken
M2: salmon cakes with sauteed greens, cauliflower/broccoli mash (from whole30 book), strawberries
M3: salad with cucumber, avocado, cilantro dressing, grape tomatoes, pumpkin seeds. almond butter, macadamia nuts
Workout: biked to/from gym, took a cardio/weights class

So yesterday I noticed I was feeling a little bloated. I felt that today too. It feels like PMS bloating. But I read about it and I guess it is normal but not until a few days later.

Friday's I like to have treat dinners or at least some type of treat after my dinner. I realized that today, that is not happening, and am a little bummed, but it's not the end of the world. I managed to make it through today without a snack, but I did workout after M1. I was pretty hungry by dinner time. I confess, I did eat a bigger than normal sized serving of almond butter and macadamia nuts with M3. I was still hungry after eating that salad. Probably because I didn't have a snack!

Sleep: Last night I slept better but still probably only got about 4 hours of solid sleep. I'll take it! I woke up ready for the day.

As for the salmon cakes (whole 30 book), I really enjoyed these. They almost taste like crab cakes to me. The cauli/broc mash was just ok. I don't think I would enjoy them on their own, like I do mashed potatoes.

Ok another confession... I kinda cheated the other day and weighed myself. I forgot I had ended a dietbet and was curious how close I was to my goal, since I knew I wasn't going to make it.  But at least it was in the beginning of the my whole30 and I didn't think anything of it after, I PROMISE I won't do it again until next month! And no, I am not starting over... I would if I had slipped on food, but not for weighing myself. And no, I am not doing another dietbet this month.

But I'll mention a change I've seen. Or felt rather. When I eat too much sugar, I tend to get these little bumps on my neck. Well, they are clearing up! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment