Friday, August 14, 2015

Day 12 - Another PR!

M1: steamed potato, egg, sauteed greens, nutritional yeast seasoning
M2: salad with cilantro dressing, cucumber, tomato, sunflower seeds, sweet potato, almond butter, almond slices, cinnamon
M3: salad with cilantro dressing, cucumber, tomato, sunflower seeds, sauteed greens, salmon cake, pecans, a bite of steak (it looked delicious and the texture was great, but I realized today, I really am not a fan of steak)

No snacking today!

Well it's my 2nd weekend going into the whole30 and I am way less nervous than last weekend. I haven't planned what I'm going to eat yet but I have an idea, and I have food to prepare. I will be doing a lot of food prep tomorrow morning.

I made marinara sauce today in my slow cooker, and tomorrow, I will make slow cooker turkey meatballs. Super excited!!!

Today I was thankful for being on whole30. It was a challenging work afternoon and I could feel myself craving wine, chocolate, chips, anything non whole30 compliant! But then I quickly told myself, ain't happenin'! I do not want to start over. I'm almost halfway there! I got this!

I also thought about what I want to do after Day 30, as in the reintroduction phase.

Here is what I'm considering so far:
1. alcohol
2. beans/legumes
3. soy/tofu
4. corn
5. gf grains
6. dairy
7. gluten grains

I'm going to do a little bit more reading and research to see if I should change up the order of 2, 3, and 4. As for sugar... I'm still thinking about that one. I may do that one first.

Awesome workout today! I ran, squatted a little (my legs were still sore from yesterday), then deadlifted. Another PR day! 185lb deadlift PR!

As for sleep, I slept pretty good for about 6 hours, then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. But I didn't feel sluggish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment