Friday, August 28, 2015

Day 26 - Updated Re-Intro

M1: bacon, eggs, roasted vegetables, blueberries
M2: salad with cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, salmon, cauliflower-mash, plantains
M3: banana, Native Foods (avocado salad, lemon-dill potato salad), walnuts, almonds, cashews, blueberries


Today was the first time I had eaten at a restaurant since I started whole30! That wasn't too bad. It was a little annoying asking about what was in their food, but I think they are used to it because they had a binder with everything, which made me feel less guilty about asking. The most difficult part was watching my daughter enjoy the Oatmeal Creme cookie (one of my fave desserts there), while I munched on walnuts I had just bought at Trader Joe's. At least I had something to munch on. And for the record, they were tasty walnuts. 


Today I realized how awesome it is to throw my meals together when things are already cooked. I had to pack food for tomorrow and I remembered I had some whole30 meals in the freezer, and also some cooked vegetables. Go, me!


Here is my updated reintro plan:
Day 31. sugar (going to start with the natural stuff like honey...  maybe some plain egg/banana pancakes with a bit of honey. my body doesn't totally like sweet in the morning so I will probably add something savory on the side like greens and a sausage patty)

Day 34. alcohol (probably wine)
Day 37. lentils (I'm going to try and soak these and make chana dahl)
Day 40. beans (going to soak for at least 24 hrs and cook with kombu, then add to my green salad)
Day 43. soy/tofu (will probably just eat this as a protein on the side)
Day 46. corn (NOT fried chips, but maybe a corn tortilla with eggs in the morning and steamed corn on the cob)
Day 49. gf grains (brown rice, buckwheat, gluten-free oats... will probably try a bowl of overnight soaked gluten free oats in the morning)
Day 52. dairy (sheep/goat - a slice of goat cheese and maybe some goat/sheep yogurt)
Day 55. gluten grains (maybe homemade spelt bread)

No comments:

Post a Comment