Saturday, October 1, 2016

Day 14

M1 - tomato frittata with greens
M2 - caulirice, red curry salmon, greens
M3 - caulirice, spiced lamb meatballs, greens
WO - hip hop fitness class - SO FUN!

I just realized that I didn't eat any salad today. I usually eat a salad every day. Lunch was eaten at a park, I had brought my food. The lamb meatballs was a new recipe we tried to make today along with a balsamic/fruit jelly reduction and that was amazing! The tomato frittata I made from the whole30 book, that was also very good, but I had added sauteed onions and pork belly. Can't go wrong with pork belly!

The other day we bought meat from Whole Foods. I was comparing their prices to US Wellness Meats and they were comparable. I've decided that we will probably buy our organic or grass fed beef from Costco, along with organic ground turkey and organic chicken (whole, breast, thighs, drumsticks), and then pork, other cuts of beef, and lamb, from Vons (I know, Vons, but they are getting better with meat options), Whole Foods, Sprouts, or try US Wellness Meats. I also want to start eating more seafood, at least once a week. Vegetables are easy to prepare, it's just the protein that takes a little more planning. It's easy to just throw vegetables together for any protein or add vegetables to a protein dish. Like the red curry salmon I made the other day. I just threw in a bunch of spinach. It looked so blah without any green in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment