Thursday, October 27, 2016

5x5 squat PR!

Today was an awesome food and workout day. I did my first 5x5 attempt EVER of 167.5lb squat. And I did it! I was sooo happy and excited. The only thing was my last few reps were really painful. I knew that my form was starting to suffer, and I rounded my lower back a little because I was just trying to get the weight up. Then I tried doing AMRAPs after and my last two reps I felt like I had tweaked my lower back. I did a lot of stretching after that.  And told myself that AMRAPs are good, but not worth it! I was trying to get more than I did last time. No, not again. Too close to the meet! Time to put my ego in check!!!

Then I went to one of my favorite breakfast/brunchy/lunchy places, Opera Cafe.

I had the spicy shrimp and salmon salad with goat cheese instead of feta. OMG that thing was humongous. I ate all of it and was too full to eat dinner. So next time, I will just package up half of the salad. Their desserts looked amazing too. But I was seriously too full to partake.

Thinking about my workouts for the next couple of days. Definitely need to bench. And deadlift! And maybe another squat session this weekend. Get it, get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment