Monday, October 17, 2016

Day 30 - Not really the end

I was craving clean all day today. I even celebrated my clean eating by drinking kombucha after dinner. I make that stuff, so I really should drink it more. I had a short lived craving for a muffin (the ones I ate yesterday), but wanted to save it for another day. Today, I really just wanted to stuff myself with goodness!There are a couple of things that I thought about today:

1. My love of Paleo baked goods/sweets and how easy it is for me to eat lot of it. Even "healthy" foods like dates and almond butter. Just because they are made with healthy ingredients, this shouldn't give me the green light for over consumption. How can I be better at this? Eat. More. Consciously. In the words of Melissa Hartwig, "...if you’re really paying attention and savoring the experience, you’ll know when enough is enough."  All I can say is, I will try my best!

2. My powerlifting meet is less than 7 weeks away. SEVEN! I have been training since the beginning of August. I haven't trained this long for anything since the one marathon I did in 2007. I took that so seriously. I had to wake up early every Saturday for our long runs, and pretty much had no social life on Friday nights. Well, in my experience, I would say that training for a powerlifting meet is not as hard as a full marathon, but I want to be as dedicated. I have spent the last 30 days making healthy food choices and avoided sugar and alcohol, the two things that have been the hardest to cut out. I was able to cut a few pounds, but if I still want to compete in 44kg (and I really do!), I have a few more pounds left to cut. I don't want to do anything extreme the week leading up to my meet. I have 7 weeks. SEVEN WEEKS. I can cut that weight in seven weeks. I am determined to stay focused. I am dedicated to all the hard work I've put in to train, all the money I have spent on the nourishing foods I've been eating and the times I dragged my daughter (and paid money for it!) to kids' club at the gym. I'm not going to throw this all away. All my hard work and time and dedication. This is all going to amount to greatness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment