Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 20 - Bench and Protein

M1 - egg, grilled chicken, greens, banana, walnuts
M2 - salad, grilled chicken, ranch dressing, carrots, pumpkin seeds, apples, banana, almonds
M3 - sweet potato, greens, chicken adobo, dasani soda water, kombucha

WO - Miserable fail at 5x5 bench at 87.5 lbs this late afternoon after a few hours at the beach. I actually did better on my first attempt a few days ago. Before my workout I had coffee with flaxseed/chia milk and ghee. It made me a little jittery. Maybe morning bench attempts are better. Although I feel like my energy has been pretty consistent throughout my day even though I haven't been sleeping for a full straight 7-8 hours a night. Usually I need a nap in the afternoon around 1 or 2pm. But I can't even remember the last time I took a nap. Maybe during my 2nd (rough) week on whole30. My legs were pretty sore today from squatting yesterday.

Today I got my first package of grass fed collagen protein. I want to start taking this daily for its health benefits.  I first tried it in water, and I could taste it. Not that it was bad, but it was like tasting melted jello. So in the kombucha/soda water, it was great.

I'm excited about trying new recipes this weekend. I wanted to try this zeggs recipe and also slow cooker brisket.

No comments:

Post a Comment