Sunday, October 23, 2016

So much lifting!

This was a pretty good weekend. Yesterday I finally conquered 90lb 5x5 bench. And today, I got 165lb 5x5 squat and 240lb 1x5 deadlift. Today is the first time in over a month I've done two heavy lifts in the same day. My last training round, it took me 3 attempts to finish 165lb squat so I was happy I was able to get it this time after only one attempt. Yay!

I also got to go to Cucina Enoteca yesterday with one of my mom friends. I've been wanting to go there for a few years now and I'm glad I finally did. The restaurant was colorful and bright and earthy. Their menu was creative and the food was delicious. My favorite things were the raw oysters and the dessert I got which tasted like a soft dark chocolate bar with a dollop of chantilly and almond brittle, which was a bit hard to eat because it kept sticking to my molars. It was incredibly rich. I was only able to eat 1/4 of it. That whole dining experience was just amazing. And I didn't even drink alcohol! I was a little tempted but then I was totally fine with sparkling water. I really love bubbly drinks. They're so festive! It's like all the fun without the hangover. Kinda. But enough for me for now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment