Thursday, October 13, 2016

Day 26 - A great day!



M1 - potatoes, eggs, kale, sausage
Preworkout - sweet potato, almonds, coffee, collagen, cashew milk
M2 - tuna salad, lettuce, green onion, grapes
M3 - brisket, asparagus, roasted veggies, shredded coconut, cashews
WO - I completed my 5x5 squat of 160 lbs! Next up, 162.5 lbs. This is where I left off before I deloaded last month. I drank my coffee with cashew milk and collagen about 10 minutes before I left for the gym. That was the first time I had it that close to leaving for the gym, but I'm glad I tried that because I think that really helped me today. I think it also helped that I worked out at a gym that I hadn't been to in a long time, that I used to enjoy going to. Maybe I'll try to start squatting there more. I also like squatting in racks that face a mirror, as opposed to the TRX squat racks where you face another person.

The most exciting thing about today (other than my fabulous squat workout), is that we got to meet Ms. Fabulous herself, Melissa Hartwig, co-founder of whole30! She was on her book tour for Food Freedom Forever. I thanked her for writing and sharing such a great program. I also mentioned to her that me and my daughter were lefties, like her, and she said "All the good ones are!"

She talked a little about FFF and answered questions before she did the book signing. She said a lot of things about food and our relationship with food that I thought were enlightening. I wish I would've taken notes. But it was awesome to see her in person and I'm looking forward to reading her new book more in depth. I skimmed it at a bookstore last week, but I actually have it on hold at our library.

One thing I liked that she mentioned is that someone had said how doing food prep for whole30 is a lot of work. And Melissa, she's all about tough love, she said, we will prioritize what's important. We make decisions to go on social media, but we could be using that time to do food prep. So true! But sometimes we get tired. And I know when I go on social media, it can be a black hole sometimes. One thing leads to another and there I am, an hour later, wasted. But I do try to find what I call "golden nuggets" on social media. Like information about things to better myself or events happening around town that I might want to go to. Or new recipes. But tonight I think I'm going to limit myself and go to sleep earlier.

Here we are with Melissa! She's soooo tall! No, really I am just super short.


No comments:

Post a Comment