Sunday, October 2, 2016

Day 15

M1 - tomato frittata with greens, roasted veggies
M2 - salad with cucumber, carrots, red curry chicken
M3 - spiced lamb meatballs, balsamic reduction, greens, mashed potatoes
WO - a fun workout, stand up paddleboarding

My daughter and I did a lot of cooking today. I am starting to let her do a lot more. It takes so much longer but I am able to clean up and do dishes while she's cutting, mixing, or whatever. But it's fun teaching her how to cook and bake. And she's more willing to try the things we make. Like the mashed potatoes we made today were really good. We used a good amount of ghee, cashew milk, and salt. I'd really like her to eat more eggs though because she loves meat and can eat a lot of it, but eggs are more economical. Maybe I'll teach her how to make scrambled eggs soon, that way she'll want to eat it.

My sleep has been decent the last couple of days. I can fall asleep ok, stay asleep for about 5-6 hours, then I kinda drift in and out of sleep for another 1-2 hours, but still wake up feeling energized. And I have a good amount of energy during the day. I also have not woken up in the middle of the night, feeling like I'm dying. I don't know if that's what a panic attack is, but I feel that sometimes and it's really scary. so yay for whole30 and no panic attacks!

Tonight while we were cooking and after dinner, I wanted something else to eat or drink. I had a Dasani flavored soda water, the tropical pineapple flavor, which was good and satisfying. 0 calories! Then I also had rooibos tea with a little bit of cashew milk. That was a nice way to end the evening. And I also tried oil pulling for the first time today. I only did if for like 5 minutes because by that time, I had a lot of saliva in my mouth and I was afraid of swallowing it. But I'll keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment