Thursday, October 6, 2016

Day 19 - Squats and ideal whole30's

M1 - green beans, egg omelette with grilled steak, greens
M2 - mashed potatoes, chicken adobo, green beans, greens, bananas, walnuts, ghee (lots)
M3 - salad with grilled chicken, ranch dressing, cucumber, carrots

WO - 5x5 squat, 157.5lbs. I was anxious about squatting because I haven't since last week Monday, and last week was by far, an ugly week. Well the weight felt heavy and on my 2nd set, my bar hit the safety on the 2nd rep and I wasn't going to redo that set, but I did. So I was able to complete my 5x5 today, yay! Something that helped me today was when I squat, I push really hard through my heels and just think of being really balanced as I push, so that both heels are working equally hard. I'll have to remember that for my next squat session, which I hope will be sometime this weekend. I don't want to take another long break like that from squats. I'm also glad I was able to complete my workout today because when I woke up this morning, I was actually pretty sore and thought maybe I won't work out until after lunch. But after I took my daughter to school, I just decided to go. Good call, self!

Today I was thinking about doing resets/whole30's and what part of the year is easiest for me. I like August, nothing much going on there. Mid-September to mid-October isn't too bad either. But not the entire month of October because of Halloween and Oktoberfest. November/December, definitely out because of the holidays. January is a good month and easy because there's more support since most people are with you on the holiday/food hangover boat. February if it ends before Valentine's day or after Valentine's day. March and April can be good, just not during spring break. May is ok, but has to end before Memorial Day. June, hmm. June is the beginning of summer so maybe. And definitely not July because of the 4th and my birthday.

I placed my 1st Thrive market order today! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment