Saturday, September 24, 2016

Week 1 done! And another PR?

M1 - breakfast scramble, greens
M2 - orange chicken, greens, zoodles, roasted red peppers, apple, almonds, boiled egg, grapes, izze
M3 - lettuce, steak, lime juice/olive oil dressing, cucumber, carrot
WO - I was FINALLY successful at my 5x5 bench attempt at 85 lbs! Stronglift 5x5 bench PR! SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS! Then I went to a hip hop fitness class for a few minutes.

I went to a party this afternoon and packed my own food. It was my best friend's kids' birthday party and she knows I'm doing the whole30 and I told her not to worry about me and that I'd bring  my own food.  So I ate more than I normally eat because I tend to graze at parties anyway, but I'm glad I planned for that. The izze was my "treat", as was the apple and almonds. I almost wished I had brought some dates and cashews, because I love that more than apple and almonds and I didn't feel satisfied after eating everything that I brought, then I almost had some when I got home after the party, but I was upset over something, and told myself awhile back that I would not eat or drink (alcohol) when I'm feeling that way. In fact, when I have been in the middle of eating/drinking, and something upsetting happens, I stop eating/drinking immediately and get up and throw the food away or drink down the sink. Yes, kinda wasteful, but that is the one time I don't give myself permission to eat/drink my feelings.

But at the party I was a bit wistful about not drinking alcohol with my friends and eating some of the non-compliant foods. I survived though, thanks to thoughtful planning and bringing food/drink, and it's not like I won't be able to ever enjoy the foods/drinks I missed out on today. So there it is. I finished my first week on whole30, successfully navigated through a restaurant meal and a party. And PR'ed on deadlift and Stronglift bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment