Monday, September 19, 2016

Day 2

M1 - eggs, eggplant, peppers, green beans

M2 - lettuce, cucumber, homemade ranch dressing, pumpkin seeds, carnitas, pear, walnuts. Oops! I had taken carnitas out of the freezer for my salad and totally forgot that I had made it in the slow cooker with non-compliant bacon. Oh no! Oh well, I forgot, and that isn't as huge of a mess up for me to start over. So I will continue on my path to wellness =)

M3 - spaghetti squash pizza, greens, a few bites of a teriyaki pineapple chicken wing, banana, walnuts

WO - Yesterday I didn't work out, but today I went to the gym and just did a 5x5 of 80 lbs on bench. I haven't been following the Stronglifts program exactly. It prescribes 3 exercises for each workout and that was just too much for me. The last time I trained, I only did squat, bench, deadlift, and overhead press. I had cut out barbell row. Then towards the end of my training, I cut out overhead press because my workouts were taking more than two hours. I can't stand working out for that long. This time, on most days, I only do one lift for each workout. The weights are just getting too heavy, and then I dread my workouts, and I don't have the time to be in the gym for more than two hours. So I've been alternating my workouts with squat, then the other lifts, and also running/walking outdoors. I feel like this round of training has been mentally easier for me because I'm still doing my cardio, but not as intense.
For the rest of the week, I plan on trying to squat tomorrow, then maybe walk/run Wednesday, then deadlift Thursday and bench Friday and maybe squat if I'm not too exhausted.

This evening was mentally exhausting and I totally wanted a drink badly. But I managed to get through that. Woot, 29 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment