Thursday, September 29, 2016

Day 12



M1 - a little bit of mango jello, egg, roasted veggies, kale, sausage
M2 - lettuce, grilled beef, ranch dressing, cucumber, radish, carrot, avocado
M2.5 - lara bar, banana
M3 - beef fajitas, greens, kalamata olives, lara bar (This meal was at Whole Foods, a great place to dine for whole30'ers, because almost everything is labeled.)
WO - 2nd attempt at 1x5 255 deadlift. I was only able to pick up the bar twice. Ok so that is my 2nd fail at 255. One more and I get to de-load.

I felt really weak and shakey after my workout today. That explains the lara bars. I went to the grocery store because I wasn't going home until late tonight and that was the only place I could think of to get something whole30 compliant and portable since I was on the road. All I could think about was protein. But I ended up getting lara bars because I needed something dense. Plus they are delicious. The ones I ate though had vanilla extract in it, and I'm not sure if that is whole30 compliant, but whatever, everything else in the bar was. I was starving and desperate. Which brings me to a decision I made this morning right when I got up. I had decided that today, I wasn't going to eat any nuts. And then I did by way of lara bars. But I'm not going to count that. I love nuts because they're so crunchy and delicious. The problem with nuts is that it's easy to eat a lot of them. Nuts are almost starting to move on up there with my addiction to almond butter. Maybe I should refer to them as snacking nuts. Because I do drink cashew milk, which I have no problem with in terms of possible overconsumption. But it is hard to stop at a handful of nuts, unless I drink a lot of water and move away from the kitchen. So I'll just cut them out for now. But I was proud today because for a moment, I thought about buying almond butter at the grocery store, then stopped myself. That would've been super easy protein, and with the banana I bought? So perfect. But I knew it would've ended with me having a stomachache from eating too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment