Sunday, September 18, 2016

Day 1

Today I was pleasantly surprised to find whole30 compliant breakfast choices at our hotel's complimentary breakfast buffet. So today I started instead of tomorrow. I was so happy to start today because I was feeling all food coma-ish from a party we went to last night.
M1 - spinach, banana, pineapple, walnuts, almonds, hard boiled egg. I really don't enjoy hard boiled egg, especially when they are cold. I thought I might gag but I took my first bite, immediately followed by a pineapple so that helped tremendously. There was also scrambled eggs but I assumed there was butter and milk so avoided that, along with the breakfast sausage, assumed it had sugar.
M2 - power greens, almonds, nectarine, spaghetti squash pizza
M3 - beef stroganoff, caulirice, broccoli, greens I got the beef stroganoff recipe from "The Frugal Paleo Cookbook". I don't know if I really like it enough to make it again. It was a little labor intensive with all the cutting of the vegetables, and then the end result didn't seem worth it to me. Maybe it'd be better with noodles, but the beef looks too much like this military SOS dish that my dad used to make all the time when I was younger. And it had milk in it, and we'd eat it with toast and I am gagging just thinking of it. I'll keep eating it though because I made a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment