Thursday, September 22, 2016

Day 5 - Restaurant Meal!

Last night I barely slept. I slept well for the first five hours, then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I stayed in bed though. So I was surprised today that I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be. I only felt it a little in the afternoon, around 1:30pm. I tried to take a nap but couldn't fall asleep, but it felt good to just lay down and rest for a few minutes. Because after that, I was on the go, and out of the house until late. So props to whole30 for giving me energy!

M1 - breakfast casserole (eggs, onions, mushrooms, sweet potato, breakfast sausage, spinach), banana, walnuts
M2 - lettuce, cucumber, ranch dressing, steak, avocado
M3 - rotisserie chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, lemon (no dressing). I ate this at a restaurant. I called ahead and asked about a few menu options that were labeled gluten free, to see if they had any of the other non whole30 ingredients in them. It was between the rotisserie chicken and fish ceviche. I went with the chicken because I wanted something cooked.
WO - Rest day, in preparation for super heavy deadlift tomorrow!

So the fruit jelly we made yesterday was actually fruit jello. It just had fruit juice (no sugar, all fruit sweetened), grass-fed gelatin, and small mango chunks. My mom used to make us jello growing up, with fruit cocktail. So of course my version is a bit healthier =) I was excited to make the fruit jello with my daughter because it's easy and pretty forgiving. Well it turned out really well. Yes I tried a little. No I didn't really consider that cheating because all the ingredients were compliant, and I wasn't enjoying it as a dessert. And it was easy to just have a little taste. But no more fruit jello for me until I'm done with this whole30.

Today was the first time in awhile that I've worn jean pants. And they felt a little loose. Yay! I went out to another restaurant late tonight with my one of my BFF's and she ordered a bunch of things that smelled amazing (and definitely not whole30 friendly) and although I kinda wanted it, it was super easy to say no, because 1) I wasn't that hungry, 2) I don't like eating that late normally, 3) Whole30!

No comments:

Post a Comment