Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 6 - Deadlift PR

M1 - breakfast scramble (same as yesterday)
M2 - steak salad (same as yesterday), grapefuit, almonds
M3 - beef stroganoff, broccoli, caulirice
WO - Today was my first attempt at 1x5 255 deadlift. Before my last competition, I ended at 215 deadlift. And just a month ago, my 1 rep max for deadlift was 250. Last week I was able to do 1x5 245 deadlift, so I was feeling fairly confident about picking up the 255 once. I was going to be happy with once. Because that already would be a PR! Well I did my warm up sets and rested nearly 25 minutes before I was ready to attempt my 1x5. That was probably way too long. I tend to psych myself out when I take too long to do anything. One of my favorite sayings that I heard a few years ago was "Don't think, just do!" But I can see how that can also get you into a lot of trouble. But anyway, I was able to deadlift 255 twice! On my 3rd attempt, I was nearly up, then I lost my balance and stepped backward and almost fell. After that, I was done, haha. I did 3x5 of 185 just to get volume in since I didn't get my 5x5. But overall, I was pretty happy that I PR'ed today.

I was starving after my workout and the beef stroganoff dinner that I had tasted amazing because I was so hungry.

So tomorrow or Sunday I hope to bench, I really want my 5x5 of 85lbs. Oh and I officially registered for my 2nd powerlifting competition. I'm so curious as to what my weight is now... but I can wait until the end of my whole30 to do that. My competition goal is to compete in the 97lb open weight class and pull at least 530. Last June, I competed in the 105 weight class (actual weight was 103.18 at weigh in) and pulled 507. My weight since then has fluctuated between 98-106.5, so I think I can get 97 by this meet's weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment