Monday, September 21, 2015

whole30, part II

I decided to try and do another whole30-ish starting today. I will be traveling this weekend and have a string of social events/parties coming up almost every weekend but I feel more confident about navigating through these situations and eating as best as I can. My goal is to eat whole30/Paleo as much as I can. But I am also going to enjoy my trip this weekend and may have a few drinks and sugar. Perhaps legumes/tofu. But I will try to avoid dairy and wheat.

My re-introduction phase went well for the most part until this weekend. On Saturday, I went out for a friend's birthday and there were drinks (at least mine was gluten free), and I enjoyed ice cream and wheat, by way of a freshly made popover. I couldn't pass that up! My sugar dragon has been out of control.

Yesterday I also had a hard apple cider and while that made me feel good for an hour, hours after that, I was feeling bloated and emotional. Yuck. And then today I felt like I woke up on the wrong side of everything. It was awful. I felt awful. So I am glad to make healthier choices this week.

I also made my own ghee for the first time. AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment