Monday, January 30, 2017

whole 30 5.0 recap

Technically I did not go the whole 30 days for this round. I'm ok with that and don't feel like a failure.

A few things I've learned this round:
1. I seriously need to eat more protein for lunch. Because when I don't, I want to snack before dinner, then that coincides with the mid afternoon work stress induced slump.

2. I eat way too many nuts on whole30 because I can't have sugar. It's a bad substitute. It is hard for me to eat nut mindfully. They are so small and crunchy and delicious.

3. I want sugar so bad because I know I can't have it =(

Overall, I think my future whole30's maybe do not need to be a whole 30 days. The purpose of this whole30 was to clean out the holiday junk and reset. I only lost a few pounds, which is great! But I was also really happy about the people that joined me for the first time.

For February, I want to focus on portions, mindfulness (again), and a bit of weight cutting. I had decided to no longer do a meet in March but I have my heart set on competing in June or July. I think I still want to compete at 97lbs. So I would like to do most of my training in sub 100. I'm a few lbs away from that.

Looking back, November 2016 was a great month for me. I was cutting, but I managed to enjoy a vacation and Thanksgiving and still make weight for my Dec. 3 meet. Yes, the last few days before the meet were a little nerve wracking and I was selective about what I ate. But it wasn't as painful as I thought and I didn't feel like I was doing anything unhealthy. I feel like not on whole30, I have good balance the majority of the time. I just enjoyed the holidays like everyone else and needed to clean up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment