Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Day 3 - Sleeeeeep

Today I deadlifted and did pause squats.
M1: greens, roasted veggies, fried eggs, sweet potato
M2: sprout kale salad with chicken and coconut flakes with almonds. I was really proud of myself for not getting a 2nd helping of the coconut flakes and almonds. I still felt hungry, so I ate another sweet potato
M3: (Yay I made it without snacking!) Turkey burger and salad.

Ok full disclosure. I knowingly slipped today. We received a HelloFresh box and the mayo had soybean oil and sugar, the cranberry jam had sugar, and the balsamic vinegar had sulfites. I'm pretty sure the cranberries used in the salad had sugar, but it was not listed on the label. That was pretty annoying actually, that not everything had ingredients labels. Anyway, I am not going to start over since I slipped. And here's why. It was very little, and salad dressing and mayonnaise are not trigger foods for me. You will not see me eating obscene amounts of these things, like I do with desserts and other healthy compliant things like almond butter and dates (which I am going to try and avoid on this whole30).

I did however, enjoy cooking this HelloFresh meal with my daughter. The full meal was supposed to be turkey burgers on a bun with the salad (also on the bun) but we didn't eat the bun, oh and I didn't add any of the panko bread crumbs to the burgers either. But I think HelloFresh is super expensive. The box itself was valued at $80 and it was for 2 meals of 4 servings each, which is a total of 8 servings. That is $10 a serving! I can get a meal at Chipotle that is whole30 compliant for less than that. So yeah, not doing HelloFresh anytime soon. I only did it because I had a free voucher.

Other than that, I did sleep really well last night. It was the longest I had slept without getting up, almost 6 hours. Then I woke up and went back to sleep for another hour I think. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment